I’ve been optimizing the lighting system a bit, along with adding post-processing back into the new renderer. The results are pretty good so far. I was able to have 50,000 cubes and 500 lights rendering at the same time, while still maintaining around 75 – 80 FPS. Thats also with normal and specular mapping on every single cube. Here’s a short video (FRAPs ate some of the frame rate):
I’ve also enabled Facebook comments, thought right now you still have to click the post title to view and post comments. I’ve disabled the old crusty WordPress comment system, since it was used more by spam bots than real people. I’m probably going to give the site a bit of an update this weekend too.