Year: 2011

More Light!

I’ve been optimizing the lighting system a bit, along with adding post-processing back into the new renderer. The results are pretty good so far. I was able to have 50,000 cubes and 500 lights rendering at the same time, while

Let there be light!

I’ve spent the last day or two recoding the renderer for my engine from scratch and it was worth it! I’ve managed to increase performance by an insane amount compared to the previous renderer and on top of that, the

DreamBuildPlay 2011

I’ve decided to register for the DreamBuildPlay XNA competition this year. Hopefully I get enough time to work on an idea I’ve had for a while and maybe (just maybe) win something, even if its just a Xbox LIVE Arcade

What I’ve been up to

It’s been a while since my first (and last) post. Since then I’ve mostly been busy with university coursework and working on my own XNA based game engine I’m hoping to make use of finally over summer. I have been

Testing! Testing!

So yeah, I’m James Yarwood and at the moment I’m just testing if the bloggy stuff is working.  The site itself isn’t really much at the moment either, since I’m only going to be able to work on it in